The libraries of Miami County are committed to serving the needs of the public while also working to ensure the safety and health of our patrons, staff, and community.
Library directors from Bradford, Covington, Milton-Union, Pleasant Hill, Tipp City, and Troy met today with Miami County Public Health officials to plan a coordinated response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
After this discussion, as well as ongoing monitoring of guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and directives given by Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, the library directors determine these libraries will remain open, with an abundance of caution and with limited services.
The libraries are moving forward with the following:
• Library programs will be suspended, beginning Monday, March 16, by all libraries except Troy. Troy Library programs are suspended, beginning March 13. This includes all programming for children, teens, and adults.
• Outreach by staff, and by the Troy library bookmobile, will be limited. Please contact your individual library for further details.
• Social distancing has been seen as an effective way of curtailing the spread of COVID-19. Therefore, we are asking all library patrons not to gather, or linger, inside the libraries.
• Also in support of social distancing, some public computers will be unavailable to use.
• Meeting room use by the public has been canceled.
• Due to limited resources, children under the age of 18 should be supervised at all times by an adult.
• The libraries will be providing curbside service to patrons. Please call your local library for further details.
• No library patrons at any of the libraries listed above will be penalized for not returning library materials on time during March or April.
We encourage staff and patrons to follow best hygiene practices and to not visit our locations if they are feeling ill or concerned about potential exposure. Please call 1-833-4-ASK-ODH for more information about COVID-19.
This is a rapidly changing situation and we will keep you updated via the libraries' social media pages.