Thanks to a grant from The Troy Foundation the library is now able to offer no-contact check out of library materials from your own device.
meeScan is a cloud-based self-checkout system that allows you to use your smartphone or tablet to check out materials anywhere in the library. The system uses the built-in camera of your smartphone or tablet to scan the item barcode, allowing for quicker service. meeScan is user-friendly, simple to setup, and helps limit long wait times!
How to Use meeScan Self Checkout
- Visit your app store and search for “meeScan” to download the app. Allow meeScan to access your camera, send you notifications and access your location.
- Touch “START” at the welcome screen. (If necessary, scroll down the screen to see the button.)
- If asked, please allow meeScan to use your location.
- Enter your library card number and PIN. Please ask library staff for help if you’re not sure what to enter.
- Touch “START” at the welcome screen. (First time around, you’ll be asked to enter your library card number and your PIN.)
- In the checkout screen, use the “+” button to check out items.
Deactivate items (Troy Library Only)
- To avoid setting off the security gates in the Troy Library, please ensure that you deactivate your items using the meeScan Deactivation Station before exiting.
- The meeScan Deactivation Station is located near the Circulation Desk.
- Touch the app “FINISH” button when done.
Getting Started Scanning Tips
- Fit the entire barcode in the viewfinder.
- Hold phone about 6” away from barcode.
- Hold the phone steady.
- Give the camera time to focus.
- Tilt the phone to avoid glare on the barcode
- Use flash in low light.