If we do not own an item you want, we offer you the free service of borrowing it from another library when possible. This service takes place through SearchOhio, a consortium of public libraries throughout the state or OhioLINK, a consortium of Ohio's college and university libraries and the State Library of Ohio.
How to Use SearchOhio and/or OhioLINK:
1. If you cannot find the item you want in the TMCPL catalog, search the SearchOhio or OhioLINK catalogs. (Look for the SearchOhio logo or the words OhioLINK on the catalog page when your search in our local catalog is completed.)
2. When an item is located, click on REQUEST THIS ITEM.
3. Choose Troy-Miami County Public Library from the drop-down list.
4. Enter your NAME, your LIBRARY CARD NUMBER, and PIN.
5. Choose the pickup location from the drop-down menu.
6. Click SUBMIT.
7. The item will come from the lending library and be delivered to your pickup location.
1. Once you have placed a hold, you will see the item appear on your holds screen in My Account with a status of Requested. You can cancel any unfulfilled holds by logging onto your account in the library catalog and going to your Requests.
2. When the item has been shipped, its status will show as In Transit. Once the item is shown as In Transit, you can no longer cancel the hold.
3. Once the item is ready and available for you to pick up, its status will show as Received and you will receive a courtesy notice letting you know that it has arrived. The courtesy notice will come via your preferred method - text, email, phone or mail. 4. Upon return the item(s) remain on a patron’s account until the item is received and checked in at the loaning library.
SearchOhio and/or Ohio Link Policies:
1. Items are usually available within 5-7 business days.
2. Items will remain on the hold shelf at the pickup location for 10 days.
3. The loan period is 21 days. All items may be eligible for up to 3 renewals.
4. There will be a $25 charge for any unreturned or damaged SearchOhio item. There will be a $125 charge for any unreturned or damaged OhioLink item.