Who can participate?
- Any child aged 0-5 who is not yet in kindergarten with their family and caregivers, even newborns!
What books can we read?
- You can read any books your child is interested in, whether they come from the library or not.
My child likes to read the same book over and over, can I count it more than once?
- Children learn through repetition, so whether it’s the 1st time you’ve read the book or the 100th time you can count it!
- Enjoying the same book more than once allows your child to notice different things, make new connections, start recognizing sound patterns or unfamiliar words, or just reconnect with favorite characters.
My child is participating in a different reading challenge, do the books still count?
- Yes! Even if you’re logging the books for our Summer or Winter Reading Programs you can still count them towards your 1000 books challenge!
My child is starting Kindergarten in the next year, can we still participate?
- Yes! Depending on what month it is, you may need to read 3-7 books a day to complete the program on time. If your child doesn’t finish before Kindergarten, that’s ok!
How long is this going to take?
- This challenge is self-paced so it can go as fast or as slow as you need it to go. Remember, 1000 is just a number. The goal is to spend more time together reading.
We’re logging our books online, can we still go into the library to get a sticker?
- Yes! You can pull up Beanstack on your phone to show us the badge instead of bringing in a paper log