Your library card application is a contract so please read this information carefully. There is no charge to borrow materials from Troy-Miami County Public Library, provided they are returned on time and in good condition.
To check out items, you must present your library card or photo ID, or should know your library card number and pin. Any adult patron with no identification of their own may verbally verify personal information in order to check out library materials.
A staff member may waive some or all required identification if the patron is well-known to them.
It is the cardholder's responsibility to:
- Let staff know if your name, address or phone number changes
- Be financially responsible for materials borrowed with your card
- Monitor the materials your child selects and checks out
- Pay all fines/charges for the late return, loss of, or damage to all materials borrowed with your card
- Report a lost/stolen card immediately because you are responsible for all items checked out on your card until it is reported
You may reserve items online by accessing your account or you may ask a library staff member to reserve items for you in-person or over the phone during library hours.
1 Week Loan: Express items
3 Week Loan: all items except Express items
Physical checked-out items will be automatically renewed up to five times unless:
- The item is reserved for another patron.
- The item has reached the maximum number of allowed renewals.
- The item is owned by a SearchOhio Consortium partner that does not offer the service.
- The patron's account has accrued $10.01 or more in fees.
Digital content, including ebooks, cannot be renewed.
Materials Recovery Program
- 2 Days Before Due Date - The library sends an email reminder that materials are due. Eligible items are renewed at this point.
- 14 Days Past Due - The library sends an overdue notice.
- 28 Days Past Due - The library sends a written overdue notice listing the replacement cost of the material.
- 42 Days Past Due - The patron is billed for the replacement cost of the material. Additional items cannot be checked out if more than $10 is owed on an account.