Social Media Content Policy
Adopted January 19, 2022 by the Board of Trustees of Troy-Miami County Public Library
All Troy-Miami County Public Library social media pages are designed to help encourage connection and conversation, while increasing awareness and access to our followers. The focus will be on our catalog and resources, both digital and physical, as well as programming, events, and other news or entertainment relevant within our communities.
While we encourage healthy and productive dialogue on social media, Troy-Miami County Public Library has the right and obligation to remove any posts or comments as well as block any users that do not adhere to the commenting guidelines below. Under no circumstances does Troy-Miami County Public Library accept:
- Abusive behavior, harassing, stalking, threatening, or personally attacking others
- Hateful language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality, political beliefs, sexual orientation
- Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, or unlawful posts/comments
- Content that is spamming in nature
- Solicitation of goods or services
- Defamatory, offensive, obscene, or vulgar comments
- Uploading files or links that contain viruses or programs that could damage the operation of other people’s computers
- Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
- Any other unacceptable posts or comments that prevents a positive experience for all users.
Please be aware that all content and posts are bound by that platform’s terms of service.
The Troy-Miami County Public Library encourages user interaction on its social pages, but is not responsible for comments or wall postings made by visitors to the page. Additionally, the appearance of external links, as posted by fans of this page or other Facebook users, does not constitute endorsement on behalf of the Troy-Miami County Public Library. In most if not all cases, external links posted by fans will be removed.
Do not provide private or personal information (phone, email, addresses etc.) regarding yourself or others on social media pages. Any posts or comments containing personal information of this nature will be hidden.